The Programmer and the Princess
A programmer was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, “If you kiss me, I’ll turn into a beautiful princess.” He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, “If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week.”
The programmer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, “If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I’ll stay with you and do anything you want.” Again the programmer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, “What is the matter? I’ve told you I’m a beautiful princess that I’ll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won’t you kiss me?” The programmer said, “Look, I’m a programmer. I don’t have time for a girlfriend — but a talking frog, now that’s cool.”
Bless This Computer Dear Lord,
Every single evening As I’m lying here in bed
This tiny little prayer Keeps running through my head.
God bless my mom and dad, And other family.
Keep them warm and safe from harm
For they’re so close to me.
And God, there is one more thing
I wish that you could do.
Hope you don’t mind me asking,
Bless my computer too.
Now I know that it’s not normal
To bless a mother board,
But listen just a second
While I explain to you ‘My Lord’.
You see, that little metal box
Holds more than odds & ends
Inside those small compartments
Rest so many of my FRIENDS.
I know so much about them
By the kindness that they give
And this little scrap of metal
Takes me in to where they work or live.
By faith is how I know them
Much the same as you
We share in what life brings us
And from that our friendship grew.
Please, take an extra minute
From your duties up above
To bless those in my address book
That’s filled with so much love!
Wherever else this prayer may reach
To each and every friend,
Bless each email inbox
And the person who hits “send”.
When you update your heavenly list
On your own CD-Rom
Remember each who’ve said this prayer
Sent up to God.com.
Writing’s Powerful Message
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed a desire to become a “great” writer.
When asked to define “great” he said “I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, wail, howl in pain, desperation, and anger!”
He now works for Microsoft writing error messages.
You Might Be An Internet Explorer User…
1. If your email address is listed on your business cards as “email@example.com”, you might be an IE user.
2. If you actually think you will get $50 for “punching the monkey.”
3. When someone tells you to restart your computer and you turn the monitor off and back on, you just might be an IE user.
4. If someone tells you to go to “www.whatever.com” so you go to Google and search for it, you are probably an IE user.
5. If someone tells you you need a firewall and so you go to the store and buy Norton firewall in a box for $70, you might just possibly be an IE user.
6. When you get a popup ad showing a Windows-like warning and you think it is a Windows warning box, you might be an IE user.
7. If you web browser has 8 search bars and you don’t even know how they got there, you might be an IE user.
8. If you get pop-up ads and you aren’t even using the Internet, you just might possibly be an IE user.
9. If you have mysterious charges on your card because you received an email from “E-Bay” saying your account would be suspended if you didn’t update your credit card information by clicking “this link”, you must be an IE user.
10. If, while reading this list, you are receiving the message “NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM will shut down in 60 seconds”, you might be an IE user.
Bill Gates and General Motors
Bill Gates is hanging out with the chairman of General Motors.
“If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades, ” boasts Gates, “you would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a top speed of 10,000 miles per hour. Or, you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds and gets a thousand miles to a gallon of gas. In either case, the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50.”
“Sure, ” says the GM chairman. “But would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?”