Scientists have shown that the moon is moving away at a tiny, although measurable distance from the earth every year.
If you do the math, you can calculate that 85 million years ago the moon was orbiting the earth at a distance of about 35 feet from the earth’s surface.
This would explain the death of the dinosaurs…the tallest ones, anyway.
Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, ’I think I’ve lost an electron.’
The other says ’Are you sure?’
The first says, ’Yes, I’m positive.’!
1) All of your friends have @ in their names
2) You can’t call your mother…she doesn’t have a modem
3) Your spouse makes a new rule… Computers don’t come to bed.
4) You laugh at people with 56K modems.
5) You start tilting your head to smile 🙂
6) Your phone bill comes to your house in a box
7) You find yourself typing com after every period
8) You start introducing your self as “Jon@internet.com”
Why didn’t the skeleton cross the road?
It’s ’cause he didn’t have the guts!
An economic forecaster was known to have an horseshoe prominently displayed above the door frame of his office.
Asked what it was for, he replied that it was a good luck charm that helped his forecasts. But do you believe in that superstition? he was asked,
he said, “Of course not!”
But then why do you keep it?
“Well,” he said, “it works whether you believe in it or not.”
The story is actually told about a non-economist, Danish Nobel prize winner Niels Bohr.